European reference organization in strategic areas
The aim of the INESC representation in Brussels is:
In order to do so the activity will be based in three main pillars and two levels of action transversal to all pillars.
Strategic positioning activities
– Advocacy of INESC S&T and Innovation interests at the EU and international level;
– Representation in working and expert groups;
– Laison activities with European partners (e.g. EARTO, Science Business, etc.);
– Preparation of high-level meeting of INESC Brussels S&T Hub members with EU commissioners, Director-Generals and membes of the European Parliament;
– Monitoring and analysis of European and national policies in key areas of interest and development of INESC positions when relevant.
– Bridge contacts with European Commission, European Parliament and other European and international entities;
– Adequate hosting and preparation of lobbying meetings in Brussels, providing clear and strategic contents;
– Hosting of research project and other meetings in our facilities in Brussels;
– Training, secondments and capacity building activities;
– Working groups to tackle and deepen knowledge of specific thematic areas, prepare strategic positioning of the organisation, benchmark with international reference entities and personalities, among others.